HP-41 Complex Determinants w/ SandMatrix and 41Z
06-12-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: HP-41 Complex Determinants w/ SandMatrix and 41Z
Hola, Ángel:

(06-12-2018 04:57 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Thanks for adding your comments and providing such a detailed explanation. When I see those deceivingly simple four-liners of your code I really feel machine envy!!

You're welcome. As for the 4-liner, if HP had done their work and included subarray handling in the 71B Math ROM (as featured in the excellent Series 80 Matrix ROM) we would be talking about a 3-liner (and a much faster one, two nested FOR loops rendered unnecessary).

But alas, they didn't, they'd rather fill up 5 Kb of precious ROM space with zeros than provide that simple and most useful functionality. Bunch of <utterly unpublishable expletive> !!

Quote:At the end you're going to make me switch to the 71B ! :-D

One can only hope. Perhaps some day you'll finally see the light, I pray you do ... :-D

Quote:I need some time to absorb your suggestions; what you're pointing out of course makes all the sense in the world and I too would prefer a general solution.

Certainly. Low-dimensionality is borderly acceptable for lesser machines with limited RAM but if I'm not mistaken the whole point of your latest work with the Advantage ROM was to be able to access up to 55\(^2\) = 3,025 data registers, thus to then go and produce a 4x4 program is kinda lame ... Just kidding ! ;-)

NxN or bust !

Nasnoches.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 Complex Determinants w/ SandMatrix and 41Z - Valentin Albillo - 06-12-2018 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)