HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign?
06-08-2018, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018 10:29 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign?
(06-08-2018 05:17 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I wonder if it's a good idea to have different functions with the same name in different ROM modules. What happens if both Sandmatrix and the Advantage Pac are installed and the user calls "AIP"? At the moment at least the results are the same (no sign). If now Sandmatrix gets an AIP with sign support while there also is an AIP without, I can imagine quite a few problems... ;-)

So I think AIP should stay as it is and a second version which honors the sign should be added. Maybe you call it AIPS, or why not simply copy AINT from Sandmath?

If the instruction is in an existing program, it is actually stored as XROM xx,yy and it will run the same one as when the program was first created, regardless of ROM port location.

If run manually, it will run the function with matching name in the lower-numbered port. (e.g. if Adv. ROM is in port-2 and Sandmatrix in port-3, the Adv. ROM version will be used).

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign? - rprosperi - 06-08-2018 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)