Manuals - why no download option?
05-11-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: Manuals - why no download option?
I spoke with someone at HP about this a couple of years ago and he convinced me that with the current attitude about IP, I would be unlikely to get any new agreements/permissions from HP Legal, and by asking them to think about it, I was at risk of them removing the permission I already have (which dates to the 90s when HP's culture and management was all quite different.) So I went with the safest choice of simply continuing as is.

Personally I think downloads would be in the spirit of the original agreement (though not in the letter), but I just don't think it's worth some unknown risk of HP Legal being angry with me.

A few years earlier, I was asked by then current HP people about my agreement with HP and I provided documentation. It seems they (or some part of them) were considering going after me then but were satisfied by what I provided.

Some years before that, I sent a request that cycled around for about a year and then I got a reply from Carly Fiorina's personal assistant that answered some question that could have been related to some of the individual words in my question - though not my actual question. So, someday I'll try again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manuals - why no download option? - Dave Hicks - 05-11-2018 02:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)