Thread Closed 
Freedom of Speech
04-30-2018, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2018 01:04 AM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Freedom of Speech
Just thinking out loud: It is perfectly reasonable to limit freedom of speech in certain places and at certain times. During a stand-up comedy act with audience interaction, any audience member who launches into a religious or political harangue would be promptly ejected, because that's not what the people there have gathered to hear. Conversely, if somebody stood up during a religious service and started telling filthy jokes, he or she would be likewise ejected, because that's not what the people there have gathered to hear. There IS a time and a place for everything, including free speech. If the moderators here ever decide that the MoHPC forums are not the proper place for any particular posting or discussion, then IMHO it would be perfectly reasonable for them to delete it.

Disclaimer: The above was my opinion when I wrote it, but I reserve the right to learn new things, and to change my opinions accordingly.

EDIT: BTW, why is this discussion in the "Not quite HP Calculators - but related" forum? It would be more appropriate in the "Forum Issues and Administration" forum.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Freedom of Speech - BarryMead - 04-29-2018, 11:30 PM
RE: Freedom of Speech - Joe Horn - 04-30-2018 01:01 AM
RE: Freedom of Speech - Joe Horn - 04-30-2018, 02:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)