(15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs
03-30-2018, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 05:29 PM by pinkman.)
RE: (15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs
Thanks again for your suggestions, answers hereafter.

(03-22-2018 06:36 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Thank you very much. Unlike the other test commands, X=0? and X≤Y? have no question marks, so I added them in my copy. ;-)

Good point, and see my proposal below.

(03-22-2018 06:36 PM)Dieter Wrote:  There is one thing I cannot check here: If you enter a code like 44 .1 (=STO .1), this works fine here with an Excel version localized for a decimal comma: the ".1" is not recognised as a number and interpreted as text which is correctly translated. But does this also work in regions with a decimal point? If I enter 44 ,1 the ,1 is interpreted as the number "0,1" and thus the lookup does not work. Maybe formatting the cells as "Text" would solve this.

Well it has been a problem for me, as Excel does not strictly handle Text formats as needed, always suggesting to correct the format to a number value. Also, apparently the search function I'm using to find the values in the REF list does not work with forced text cells, so the decoder is inoperant.
I could not find any solutions, so I rolled back to a previous version, assuming people will use the entries that work for them, eventually with modifications of the REF lists. My apologies for that.

(03-22-2018 06:36 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW, would you consider it a good idea to complement the ten non-keyboard tests with the respective TEST # so that the listing would show e.g. X>0? (TEST 1) ?

Dieter

Yes for sure!!! And I can extend my answer to your first question. I generalize the translation you propose for tests with 2 parts: <readable form> (<keyboard form>).

X=0? becomes X=0? (X=0)
and therefore:
X≤Y? (X≤Y)
X=Y? (TEST 5)
X≠Y? (TEST 6)

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  hp15c decoder.xlsx (Size: 40.4 KB / Downloads: 34)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs - pinkman - 03-30-2018 05:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)