Modern thermal printer to emulate 82240B
02-25-2018, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2018 12:14 PM by tcab.)
Modern thermal printer to emulate 82240B
I'm looking for advice on how to print to a modern day thermal printer from my PC/Mac using the HP calculator codepage Modified_HP_Roman-8 in order to emulate a HP 82240B thermal printer. I happen to have a Epson TM-T20 thermal printer which uses the ESCPOS language.

Note that I'm not trying to print from a calculator to this printer (that's hard, needs infra red electronics etc). I'm just trying to print Free42 virtual printer output to this modern (and fast!) thermal printer.

The TM-T20 has a custom codepage feature but I don't know how to build that codepage and use it? There is some heavy duty Epson documentation - perhaps I need to send some custom bytes to the printer to define the custom code table and then select it that codepage before I print to the printer. Not at all sure how to define this codepage to match the 82240. Does anyone have any thoughts, advice or resources I could draw upon? Some 'code' in some programming language that defines the relevant codepage would be great.

There is a related thread on the HP codepage used in the 82240 printer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Modern thermal printer to emulate 82240B - tcab - 02-25-2018 01:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)