What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
04-16-2014, 03:45 AM
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
(04-16-2014 12:57 AM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  Ah, Dave, I recognize that algorithm, it eliminates all multiples of 2, 3, and 5 from the trial factor pool. I remember when you modified that from the HP-67 version, as I recall, for the 32s and one of the algebraic programmable pioneers (20?). I further modified it to get it to run on the venerable 12c. A great algorithm!

Don

Yup, that's the one! I just keep dragging it along to each new machine I get. It strikes a great balance between size and performance for the problem space that one could conceivably need to compute on a handheld (I don't plan to factor RSA keys on my 48, anyway). The implementation also allows for a nice, concise example of fetching input/arguments, looping, calling subroutines, and outputting results.

Maybe I should set up a site like Viktor's and port this routine to everything imaginable, as opposed to the Gamma function. Wink Probably wouldn't make for a very elegant Lotus 1-2-3 macro, though. (But then again, what does?)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer - Dave Britten - 04-16-2014 03:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)