Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set
01-03-2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set
(01-03-2018 10:26 AM)salvomic Wrote:  After that, HP released the Advantage pac (advanced functions module) for HP41CX, if I'm not in error...
A book to read, Pier, I think to read it soon. For now I read again the 15C manual as well I'm reading that of 41CX. We can understand many things reading those old manuals, with a lot of solutions, tricks and tips. They could seem too "simple" (or also actually tricky) nowadays, considering calculators (like the Prime or DM42) with a lot of advanced functions, graphics, connectivity and so on, very impressive, but this power becomes from those tricks and tips and solutions.

I would like to thank MoHPC for the usb set! Very amazing.

Salvo

What I mean with interesting manuals are those manuals that have also digressions on a topic. Or manuals that explain the topic not only in terms of keypresses (or code). Those are not so common.

For example the best explanation read by me about object oriented programming was in the manual of turbo pascal 5.5 (free available on internet).

I am not that interested in those manuals that "ok now let's explain how to use trigonometry functions. Let's go through 43 examples." I find it useful if you have the device (or for history).

As example: as far as I read the manual of the hp 42 (when I compared the free42 with the 506w in terms of usability), aside from using it with the free42, it has nothing special inside, like, dunno "the algorithm behind this function is: ... ", or "particular applications of this function". It is what it is, a manual.

Said that, I hope the 15C advanced functions handbook would contain some digressions a la hp journal, like "how a function works" or "why this algorithm and not another". Actually I need just to read it.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set - pier4r - 01-03-2018 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)