HHP-32k 41C ROM Emulator - Dip switches?
12-14-2017, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 03:55 AM by PeterP.)
RE: HHP-32k 41C ROM Emulator - Dip switches?
With help from Sylvain I ended up getting in contact with Jacob de Arras (yes, the JDA), who built this device.

He shared his patent for the design of these devices - it is very impressive to read how he built a device specifically targeted for low power consumption. You can find the patent here

Specifically for the HHP-32k unit he told me that it
Quote:It is very rare. Special small build for HP only

He gave me one further hint:
Quote:Those were special builds for HP internal use to test some sort of bank switching scheme to increase memory. I do not believe they will just work with "standard" eprom images.

So maybe the 12k piggy-bag board is actually the HP-41 operating system? Maybe that's why the only thing I can get to work is a page with the printer code?

Maybe this information helps the smart people here to figure out more about the unit, including maybe some tests that I should be running (over the Christmas break most likely...)

In any case, I thought I share what I learned. And now it might be even harder to pass the unit on - if the JDA himself say's its very rare...

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HHP-32k 41C ROM Emulator - Dip switches? - PeterP - 12-14-2017 03:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)