Most common calculators in the forum?
05-07-2019, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2019 08:36 PM by Androsynth.)
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
My main 'collecting' hobby is retro video games and PCs (mainly Atari and Commodore), so I am not really out to collect these per say, but I am very interested in the programmable models of calculator and basic computers. I currently own TI-92+, Voyage 200, Casio fx750/Classpad 330/Prizm, HP 50g/35s/Prime, and I have a DM42 inbound. Used to have a TI-74 as well, but it died. Also a bunch of basic computers, the g850 being my favorite.

In terms of what I use, the 50g wins by a mile. It's complicated to learn, but really powerful. More like a math-focused pocket computer with it's own quirky OS than a calculator. You could spend years learning all it's features. The Prime is probably second. I find it makes anything graphing or programming related a cinch.

After those too, I probably use the Classpad the most. While it's less practical, it makes playing with math a lot of fun. It's a better *discovery* device than the HPs, though nowhere near as good of a practical machine.

All that said, I'm pretty sure the DM42 is going to eclipse the rest. RPL is kind of a pain to learn, and RPN makes a lot more sense to me. I've already written a few programs on Free42 and find it really intuitive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - Androsynth - 05-07-2019 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)