I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor.
11-19-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor.
Salvo,

This all reminds me of some of the old radio gear I had. An E. F. Johnson Viking Ranger, xmtr, and a Collins R-390 receiver mounted in a 19" rack. I used them with two model 19 teletype machines, and I traded them for a model 28 tty with the chadless typing reperf! All set up for autostart. Now that was a ham shack full of equipment (in my garage at the time)! A lot of water has been passed under the bridge since then ... but talk about the '60-70's!

Did you ever get into the RTTY side of ham radio? That was a lot of fun, and I sure learned a LOT about digital technology from just that piece of the hobby. I was in on the Baudot to ASCII converter project that w6ffc (and others), was so famous for. Remember the ST-6, with the UART speed shifter? I built one of those, with a few other hams that lived nearby. Eventually, acquired a model 33asr, and so on through the calculators and computers to this day.

Looking backwards, we made quantum leaps in technology, in just a few decades, didn't we? Sometimes I wish I could look forward, to see what the grand children will be looking back on, technology-wise, before I croak.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor. - DrD - 11-19-2017 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)