hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround?
03-18-2014, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 02:27 PM by pkh.)
RE: hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround?
Yes, Thanks Dieter and Thomas for your replies and trying things out.

I actually noticed the error appeared for me right after I entered a custom expression in the equations list. I don't have any programs stored in memory, but did already have 6 (maybe 7) equations in there. When I added that one more equation, got an error just trying to put a matrix on the stack.

The error shows up (in my experience) when just entering a single matrix onto the stack, with SOME connection with equation memory usage.

You know the bug is in effect when you enter a matrix and press enter, like:
[2,3] ENTER
...and on pressing enter, you get "syntax error", and cursor goes to the character after the comma (in this example, the digit '3'). If you then immediately clear the line with 'C' and enter a 1-D vector...
[5] ENTER
...then I found that to be accepted, but that doesn't cure it for other dimensions. The only half-cure I found so far is to key in more equations to push the memory around a bit. Hope it gets us or anyone closer to understanding it better, for what it's worth.

I'm thinking therefore that program storage may affect it also, but I have not tried writing programs yet, I'm still going through the manual for the first time.

I'll post back as (or if) I find out more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround? - pkh - 03-18-2014 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)