hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround?
03-17-2014, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 10:14 PM by Dieter.)
RE: hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround?
(03-17-2014 09:20 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  The vector input bug has been reported in the HP-35s bug list.

Here is a quote from that URL:
Quote:Vector input bug has been mentioned and very weird behavior shows up but I'm not aware of this being isolated or repeatable. It might be related to memory full. I do have enough trust in the people reporting problems to believe there is something to them.

So it says that "weird behaviour" has been reported, but obviously it was not possible to reproduce the problem. The source does not even say what exactly the error was. Do you know some details? I never experienced any problems with my 35s when using vectors.

(03-17-2014 09:20 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  Dieter, did you follow step 2? Because that's probably crucial to reproduce the bug. I wasn't aware of the connection to the equation editor. But then I rarely used them.

I tried the procedure as suggested: Enter a 2-D-vector - e.g. [1, 2], quit with [ENTER] (both display lines now show [1.0000, 2.0000]), switch to EQN mode and enter "RCL X" (displayed as a simple "X"). Exit EQN mode and enter another 2-D-vector - e.g. [3, 4] - and press ENTER again, or [x] for a multiplication, or something else. I could not force any error to show up.

I did this about a dozen times. Then, finally, in one case indeed an error message appeared. Tried the same procedure once again - no problem. Strange.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp35s vector input bug semi-workaround? - Dieter - 03-17-2014 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)