Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
09-17-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
(09-17-2017 09:38 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Questions:
- Aside from built in commands (that are flexible but non that much like the 50g), does anyone know robust community libraries that provide list and/or string processing? I found in my quick searches only this: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7785 (I cannot say if it is good or not given only one version) .

- Is there a sort of AUR (advanced user reference) ? I have only the prime user guide that although not bad, it is pretty dry about all the commands in the prime.

QA1> Specifically, what needed list operations are missing that cannot be accomplished with the current prime list set? (Please provide a related example problem.).

QA2> Good news! There is "sort of an AUR (advanced user reference)." It's located inside the calculator. It's more advanced than the user guide, which hasn't advanced much in awhile. While not the ultimate, it's a great starting point.

Having used several hp calculators since the hp41cv, the hp50g was the best, (for my use), until the prime. When I bought the prime, it wasn't long before I removed all of the batteries and put the hp50g back in it's box. It now sits in my closet. After several years since, nothing caused me to want to go back to it, and I have used some pretty significant applications in my hp prime experience in the mean time. The only foreseeable applications that ever might, have to do with I/O. Such as Modbus comm's, and the like. I'm retired now. Technology has moved on from the hp50g. USB and Serial comm's are not the medium of choice, so much, anymore. So, for me, the hp50g has become a closet widow, relic. You can have my share of RPN, I prefer the prime's hppl ease of programming. Understandably, Yoda mindsets may not.

Will there ever be another hpxx evolution in handheld calculating devices? Perhaps not, unless some super-calc derivative device undermines the cellphone all-in-one marketing model. I wonder what form factor that might look like?

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations). - DrD - 09-17-2017 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)