17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?"
08-02-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: 17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?"
(08-02-2017 12:14 PM)Zac Bruce Wrote:  ...I'm guessing once I'm further through my degree I'll run in to problems that can't be solved using the inbuilt functions and I'll be inspired to use the solver to, erm, solve! What's the comparison between the 30B and 17BII+ in this regard?

The 30b has limited programming, similar to keystroke recording, which is arguably easier to learn, but less flexible and powerful than the Pioneer series Solver. Also, the 17BII+ behaves exactly like you would expect (inside it is a Pioneer, and except for the L() and G() limitations Don mentioned, is all-around excellent).

In short, the 30b has more built-in functions, but the UI (modes, etc.) is very quirky, it has a disappointing screen, and even the best samples of 30b have poor keyboards compared to the 17BII+.

Also, the 10BII+ is a very nice machine with lots of functions, and if it wasn't limited to Algebraic mode (chain is still algebraic), would be much more popular here with the MoHPC crowd.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?" - rprosperi - 08-02-2017 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)