17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?"
08-02-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: 17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?"
Thanks for the replies,

It doesn't sound like I would have much to gain from buying a 17BII+, at least at this stage. I haven't played around much with the solver as yet, I'm guessing once I'm further through my degree I'll run in to problems that can't be solved using the inbuilt functions and I'll be inspired to use the solver to, erm, solve! What's the comparison between the 30B and 17BII+ in this regard?

I'm hoping to pick up a 20B some time over the next week; mostly going for that first because it's much cheaper than a 30B. Maybe if I then buy a 30B I'll think about getting in contact with you Paul and you could repurpose it for me? Or how cheap are we talking for your surplus 34/31s?

This problem with the keyboards; I thought that the 30B's were a big improvement over the 20B's? And if I buy a new 30B from a retailer, is this something that is going to show itself straight away, or do they deteriorate over time? I'd hate to think I'd throw down $75 on a calculator that is going to end up junk in a short period of time. Actually I'm still pretty upset about the $30 I spent on the 300s+ which was junk when it came out of the packaging...

Regards,

Zac
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 17bii, 17bii+ and 30B, or "Why did the 30B die?" - Zac Bruce - 08-02-2017 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)