Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ)
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ)
(This can be understood as a general question about Xcas <-> Prime compatibility.)
In Chapter 2.31 in the Xcas manual I read that I could define an object in Z/pZ as n:=12%13 (for example). However using this syntax on the Prime leads to an error.

Later in the manual its said that the Xcas' Maple Mode is different in that "In Maple mode, integers modulo p are represented like usual integers instead of using specific modular integers. To avoid confusion with normal commands, modular commands are written with a capital letter (inert form) and followed by the mod command (see also the next section)."

Has the Prime it's own Mode, or is it similiar to the Maple mode? And if the Prime has its own mode, is it documented further anywhere?
I tried the following: 12 mod 13. However this also leads to an error. I get a result if I use a uppercase MOD, but does this mean that it uses then the HOME view MOD instead of the CAS view mod?

(I feel, everytime I use my Prime, half an hour later I am writing a post to this forum :-\ )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ) - Stefan - 03-08-2014 08:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)