Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ)
10-05-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ)
Exactly what I am most interested about! As I work almost exclusively in the CAS environment of the Prime, I would be very grateful for any complete list of:

1) Which of the Xcas commands can be used there, and
2) What exactly is the syntax for them on the Prime.

You see, most of the time the expressions I have to work with are large and completely "unpleasant". Now, the easily accessible commands (from the command catalog, or CAS-Menu etc.) either do not at all perform the expression manipulations the way I want to do them, or they... crash the calculator and I lose everything, having to restart from the beginning. And yes, I know that I could also copy parts of big expressions, paste them into history, do some work with them, and substitute them back to the original expression. But with such big expressions and such a small display it soon becames a nightmare. You know, scroll back and forth, try to select the right part of the expression, oh no it was a mistake, klick-klick-klick on the mouse button, oh no it was the false history item, and so on... This is only wasted time (and nerves.)

So, it would be really a life saver for me to have such a commands list of Xcas on the Prime (along with their syntax), in order to program my set of CAS commands/programs for exploding expressions, doing some manipulations on particular parts of them, and re-combining them back. Simply reading the Xcas manual and trying out the commands on the input line of the Prime is worse than playing roulette.

BTW, it is a real pity to have such power under the hood and not being able to access it. (The Apps and the like constructs are perhaps good for commercials and fancy demonstrations, but for work beyond the "student level"..... Sorry, I don't "explore" (how fancy!!!) the quadratic equation anymore... ;-))

Ciao,

Nick.

P.S.: Oh, yet another question: Why does the commands catalog of the Prime not include such things like for example op, union etc??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xcas Syntax / Prime Syntax (in particular computing in Z/pZ) - kickniko - 10-05-2014 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)