MOUSE() Event Strange Behaviour
07-17-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: MOUSE() Event Strange Behaviour
Hello,

Sorry, but I have not looked at the full program and might be answering only partially the question here...

But here is some tidbit of information.

The screen is like a windowing system, with the menu being one window and the main part of the screen another (that is unless you are in another more complicated UI such as a choose box where you have extra windows on top of these main windows...)

MOUSE events get sent to the appropriate window for processing (the one under the mouse)...

Now, windows, such a the menu, do not, and have no interest in any gestures, all it cares about is click/touch event.
So, in order to speed up the response to mouse down on the menu, this specific window is marked as: Does not accept gestures. This causes the mouse processing system to send a click message as soon as a down finger is detected on the menu and then discard anything else...

Although this is a nice feature that saves battery power and makes the calculator more responsive, there is a side effect...

When you use MOUSE in program (which looks for mouse events in the various windows queues), it will get mouses messages that have already passed through that filter. So if you press in the menu area, you get different behaviors than if you press in other area of the screen.

Hope this helps.
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MOUSE() Event Strange Behaviour - Freire - 06-16-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: MOUSE() Event Strange Behaviour - cyrille de brébisson - 07-17-2017 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)