Poll: Should I bother with this HP 34C?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
05-13-2018, 08:06 PM
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
(05-13-2018 06:50 PM)dm123 Wrote:  Hi Dieter, thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately there is no metal plate on the 34c, as the original hp battery pack was what bridged the two nonterminal sides of the battery.

Yes, I remember.

(05-13-2018 06:50 PM)dm123 Wrote:  They sell these packs on eBay, and Andy has a recharger that works with the bound batteries. My recharger has a very thick separator between battery insertions and won’t work unless I break the batteries apart.

What kind of charger is this? And how does it charge the batteries, i.e. what kind of charge control is used?

(05-13-2018 06:50 PM)dm123 Wrote:  I do have aluminum foil tape and used that on the nonterminal side of the 34c battery compartment, but it tears easily when taking out and inserting the batteries.

You have to fold it a few times so that you get, say, a four layer insert. ;-)
I have had no problems with inserting and removing the batteries. At least not in the last ten years.

(05-13-2018 06:50 PM)dm123 Wrote:  I’m looking at the other link just sent out at this battery supply place and looking for a thin plate option, to be glued (? Not sure if this is safe due to heat) to the nonterminal side.

That's another option – something like "aluminum foil deluxe". ;-) Maybe you don't even have to permanently attach it to the case at all.

(05-13-2018 06:50 PM)dm123 Wrote:  http://www.keyelco.com/category.cfm/Term...1/c_id/771

I can't see how one of these parts may be of any use for this application. The link Zaphod posted looks more promising: take a look at part #5227. There also is a datasheet with the exact dimensions, e.g. the thickness (1,2 mm). But I doubt they will sell you a single piece of this. Maybe you can build something similar yourself.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape - Dieter - 05-13-2018 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)