A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android
04-05-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android
(04-05-2017 03:24 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  You can definitely do development for the Prime on the PC. I've even released a couple packages to make this easier (one, to provide command syntax help and highlighting and completion in Notepad++, and the other to provide a new AltGr plane for the keyboard layout to make typing special characters easier). You can then use the Connectivity Kit in conjunction with the Virtual Calculator to do all development on the PC.

The "pro" apps can connect to the connkit via your IP network and then show up just like a "hardware calculator over usb". Then stuff can be transferred around, shared, etc.

Quote:The Android version, as well as the Virtual Calculator on the PC, are natively recompiled so they are not emulators or simulators.

Correct. The app versions are going to be much faster.

Quote:I believe the free version of the HP Prime for Android doesn't let you talk to the Connectivity Kit so there's no way to load third-party programs onto it without typing them in manually. But I haven't used it to be sure; I just purchased the full version.

The "Free" one does indeed not have the communication code in it. Also, you cannot type user programs either. You can define a function through the "define" box, you could write programs in the CAS as they are just contents stored in variables, but you can't use the Program catalog in the free one.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of questions about the HP prime app for Android - Tim Wessman - 04-05-2017 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)