can the prime really not solve this integral?
02-28-2014, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 05:48 AM by DeucesAx.)
RE: can the prime really not solve this integral?
(02-27-2014 07:08 PM)parisse Wrote:  We almost never test the CAS in degree mode, therefore more bugs are expected there. The reason here is that for numeric integration with an infinite boundary you must make a change of variable, here we set tan(y)=x for y in 0..pi/2, dx=(1+tan(y)^2)*dy ... except that in degree mode you must add a pi/180 factor.

No pressure, I'm sure once I'm done with college the prime will be a formidable calculator. And heck, I just need to eat rahmen noodles instead of regular pasta for the next 6 month to pay for the prime, no biggie.

(02-27-2014 09:11 PM)Manolo Sobrino Wrote:  That integral appears when you integrate the Planck distribution to all frequencies in order to recover the Stefan-Boltzmann law, also in the Debye theory of specific heat. The functions defined by these integrals are called Debye functions. See Abramowitz-Stegun ยง27.1
Well at least I now know that I did the simplification by hand to get there correctly. Thank the spaghetti monster almighty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: can the prime really not solve this integral? - DeucesAx - 02-28-2014 05:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)