Removing HP 50g battery warning box?
01-02-2017, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 12:10 AM by Vtile.)
RE: Removing HP 50g battery warning box?
Here is some data of Alkalines vs. modern NiMH. It is not scientifically accurate and even a bit dodgy in technical viewpoint, but the measuring setup is 1:1 comparable to each case. The constant current discharging is made with custom linear circuit, found ie. on Maxim Integrated application notes (IIRC) in other words a transistor and a operational amplifier as a controller.

Interesting is the Duracel Ultra Power, if you put the minimum voltage to 0.9 volts in is on the lower end middle of spectrum (this is not full dataset for clarity).

HP50g current draw in general is lower and not constant which makes difference, but I'm not too eager to test low current discharges (time and my test setup draw 100W minimum Big Grin ). If I recall correctly HP50g have battery warning level at 1.1 Volts per battery (again readed somewhere IIRC).

Comparison between alkalines and one NiMH. (3600 s = 1 hour) Y-axis is voltage (0,5 to 1,7 volts)

Comparison between AAA NiMH (different cells unfortunately, and the one with smaller discharge current were loaded about two weeks earlier and a bit poor measure start (thats why there isn't as high starting voltage)), Interestingly the discharge shape is almost the same while with lower discharge it last considerably longer. ...Maybe I run one with 100 mA which starts to be close to HP50g peaks (65mA reported with regular "heavy" - I assume - calculations.). It were suprise to me today, that NiMH last in this my little test so much longer than those best alkalines (I see it in both 320mA (not shown here) and 500mA datasets (partially at above picture)).

Edit.. 2xsame picture, now it is correct.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing HP 50g battery warning box? - Vtile - 01-02-2017 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)