Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
12-13-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller?
(12-12-2016 11:22 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I've got a Libretto 50CT, and that can run for maybe an hour or so on its original battery. Not too shabby considering the age. I'm tempted to track down some fresh cells to rebuild it, but that would just be for kicks. The suspend/resume time is pretty long and would make it a poor choice for a quick-pull-out machine (and it takes twice as long to read/write the RAM to disk since I upgraded it to 32 MB). It does do a sort of hybrid sleep, though, which is cool: when you enter suspend mode, it writes the RAM to disk, and then goes to sleep. After a certain time (no idea how long, but I think it's at least an hour or so), it shuts off completely to maximize standby time, so when you power it back up, it reloads the contents of RAM rather than simply resuming where it left off.

Dave,

I had a Libretto 110CT that I put a CF card adapter into and ran a 4gb CF card as a hard drive. It would boot and run a lot faster than with the old hard drives. Plus it got better battery life. But I think the battery killer is more the display than the hard drive. If you want to give a CF card a try in your 50CT, I have a hard drive to cf adapter that will fit in place of the hard drive. Let me know if you want it.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something like an OmniBook 300, but smaller? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 12-13-2016 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)