Potential infringement of copyright
12-03-2016, 05:42 AM
RE: Potential infringement of copyright
(12-03-2016 12:44 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  I hadn't realized that Pauli was a coauthor either.

I do not consider myself a coauthor of the 34S manual. I contributed little to it beyond finding some errors and typos.

Quote:So I guess my simplified view of this project as being Marcus's algorithms, Pauli's programs, and Walter's manual is somewhat incomplete.

Broadly speaking, Marcus did the low level hardware support, some of the software features (local variables spring to mind but there were many others) and rewrote a fair portion of the inefficient/inelegant code I'd produced for the user interface. I did the bulk of the software and implemented all of the numeric functions. Marcus and I worked together on the byte scavenging, so the firmware fitted into flash. Walter wrote the manual, did the keyboard and display layouts and ensured consistency and usability of the UI.

All three of us contributed in our own way and I doubt the result would have been nearly as good without any one of us. I certainly wouldn't have come up with a consistent and usable UI by myself. Likewise, I wouldn't have done anything like as good a job on the hardware support and power management.

It also hasn't been just a three person team. Many others assisted -- the assembler, iOS port, obtaining accuracy, .... I won't try to list names here since I'm sure to miss someone. The 34S really has been a group effort by many.

Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential infringement of copyright - Paul Dale - 12-03-2016 05:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)