Potential infringement of copyright
11-30-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: Potential infringement of copyright
Hi Renif,

That doc has come up a few times before. Walter obviously believes it is an infringement. Several other people have stated that they believe it is not. I have never taken the time to unravel the arguments in part because I'm not a lawyer and in part because Walter is an ongoing annoyance and I never feel any urge to spend any more of my time dealing with him than is absolutely necessary. So, bottom line, I don't know about the doc.

I did however take down the thread in question. Quite frankly, my first thought was to use it as a carrot. Ie: If Walter stops creating account after account to try to sneak in more nastygrams and disruptions then the thread & link would remain hidden. However, your post did remind me that there is still the question of whether it is infringing - which I still prefer to not try to determine myself. So for the time being at least, it will stay hidden.

Meanwhile the mods will continue to manage Walter as best they can. Fortunately, that's pretty much all they have to do as the rest of the forum is great! Today I implemented an idea Katie had. We'll see if that helps.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential infringement of copyright - Dave Hicks - 11-30-2016 06:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)