HP 50G Can't Format SD Card or Store on SD Card
11-20-2016, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 10:27 PM by Vtile.)
RE: HP 50G Can't Format SD Card or Store on SD Card
Yes, look at the link above. It seems to me that there is floating a big batch (I assume the tip of the iceberg phenomenom) of these 50g calculators (Looking the threads on the old MoHPC forums also) with [mechanically]defective? SD-card slot. Why??? I really don't know, I wish I would know, but I don't. Maybe some B-grade batch the factory sold for their own account, maybe some big retail sellers "returned" calculators went to recirculation or something else.

(11-18-2016 10:17 PM)Han Wrote:  Try toggling the write-protect switch -- I have done that with a few SD cards and it seems to fix the issue.
Han if you look at the thread at the link above from page 5, you will see that this is propably HW issue with the calculator, not the SD-card since the OP have tried several of them..

PS. Is there a way to write a ASM program that could be used to test if this is mechanical problem? Embedded software is not my area of expertise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50G Can't Format SD Card or Store on SD Card - Vtile - 11-20-2016 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)