Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL
11-17-2016, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016 01:48 PM by Han.)
RE: Compiling NewRPL Guide
(11-17-2016 07:26 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-17-2016 07:01 PM)Han Wrote:  Install git for Windows: Git for Windows Download Page
For windows users, may I suggest TortoiseGIT https://tortoisegit.org? It integrates well with the system, for users that may actually modify the code and commit their changes.

I'll add that as well.

(11-17-2016 07:26 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-17-2016 07:01 PM)Han Wrote:  Copy the newrpl-comp.exe file to tools-bin folder within the newrpl-sources folder.

In my case this alone wasn't enough, as newrpl-comp refused to run. I had to also copy the following files to the same directory:
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libwinpthread-1.dll

Perhaps they improved the installers, my Qt install is from a couple of years back.

I have not tested newrpl-comp.exe by itself beyond seeing if the executable was visible by Qt (from within the newrpl-comp project). Doing so gave me a window that showed the help info for running newrpl-comp and left me with essentially an "ended session" (as if I ran newrpl-comp without any arguments). But for running the UI, the most recent Qt Creator (4.1.0) did not require me to copy those DLL files (this was to get the UI project to run).

Incidentally, I am trying to compile the actual firmware. It complains of missing memory.h (referenced in runstream.c). Is this include file from the mpdecimal library? I ask because compiling with Qt Creator on Windows 7 seems to not recognize subdirectories when searching for includes (unless explicitly specifying it in the project file).

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gn.../downloads -- after a much more closer inspection, the download page says it's for Cortex-M and Cortex-R ... is that the same chip on the 50g? (My guess is not since the compiler seems to be missing stuff.) Or maybe it was from here: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download (I don't remember; got rid of the install files.) Do you have a recommended ARM cross compiler?

EDIT2: It appears likely that nothing is wrong with the cross compiler and my issues may be due to Windows and how it parses paths. On Mac OS X, I am able to compile all three main projects (with some minor edits).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL - Han - 11-17-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: Compiling NewRPL Guide - Claudio L. - 11-17-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: Compiling NewRPL Guide - Han - 11-17-2016 07:48 PM
RE: Compiling NewRPL Guide - Han - 11-18-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL - Han - 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL - Han - 11-18-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL - Han - 11-18-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Short Guide on Compiling NewRPL - Han - 11-19-2016, 01:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)