4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-17-2016, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 10:17 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-11-2016 09:10 PM)Gene Wrote:  Great. Here is a link to a .zip file containing all 15 programs and a LBL R and S file for the random number and seed program.

Raw files are hard ro read by humans... ;-)

Anyway, I just noticed that this thread has not seen a lot of traffic over the last days. So let me add that I have been working on the STW program, but it's a bit harder than I thought (not sure if the version we have now is working as it is supposed to). Changing the code so that R00 is free for the random seed is easy, and I think this part already works. But there are still some issues, e.g. the program may stop with pending subroutine calls, which is something that should be avoided.

BTW, the chess program can be shortened by a few bytes: there are several XEQ 16 calls that simply add 10 to X. Since the XEQ requires three bytes just as a simple "10 +", the former should be replaced by the latter. This saves the bytes for the subroutine itself – and the program will even run faster.

Over the last days I have been thinking about random number generators and related stuff, so there is a delay with the STW program. But maybe someone else may give it a try. Robert ?-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-17-2016 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)