4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
10-25-2016, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2016 08:58 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(10-25-2016 10:28 AM)Gene Wrote:  I am going through the programs and testing them now. CH67 (chess) for example requires card reader functions. It uses a 7DSP1 to set fix 1 and then 7DSP9 to set fix 9. It also uses 7P<>S a lot to recall memories 10, 11, 12, etc. in this form: 7P<>S RCL 1 7P<>S. Easy to fix, but still there for now. It also ends with two steps RTN and END. The 2nd to last step is unneeded. :-)

Gene, the chess.zip file RobertM attached to this message includes both CH67.TXT (requiring 67 compatibilitiy functions) as well as a "41-only" CH.TXT program. The latter is even shorter. Why didn't you take this one for your module?

Yes, the final RTN may be removed, and replacing the one or other "0" with a CLX or maybe CLST saves even more bytes. Also the complete initialization routine at LBL 14 may move up to step 05, saving one LBL, one RTN and one XEQ. #-)

The program can be modified further so that it requires much less memory. Most data registers are called only once or twice, so that the pre-stored constants can be inserted directly into the code instead of occupying a whole data register. This means something like SIZE 003 instead of SIZE 026. It also means that the initialization routine can be omitted. I think I'll try a modification of Robert's CH.TXT program and see what I get.

Addendum: OK, here is a streamlined version. It only requires one single data register (00) for the move counter, and the raw file has 380 bytes (before: 446). Cave: I did not do any tests except the example given in the original thread (which runs fine, taking into account Robert's correction of the final move). Please try it and see if it works correctly.

Dieter

.zip  CH_41.zip (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 10-25-2016 06:25 PM
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)