HP-25 vs. SR-56 - HHC 2016 Follow-up
10-10-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 05:19 PM by SlideRule.)
RE: HP-25 vs. SR-56 - HHC 2016 Follow-up
ALL

OK, as plain as possible - YES, all things equal, I will take 100 program steps over 50 program steps, merged or unmerged, period. However, the inclusion of differing models with nonequivalent functions muddles the comparison of HP's & TI's of that era. As I said, the inference is ANY program memory but then reverts to models with differing function sets. HUH?
Would I choose a 29c over a 25c based strictly on available memory? Maybe. Would I choose a 29c over a 25c based on memory and functionality? Absolutely!
I find the stats references simply add to the muddling since the program listings include functionality absent in one of the models under comparison. Would I choose one model over another based on memory AND functionality? Of course.
There is a lot of "give me" in the all things equal clause.
I stand firm on the position that I can always exceed the 1:1 keys per memory ratio on a merged memory machine while I can never exceed it on an unmerged memory machine. That flexible buffer is true value added (ie try comparing a TI57 w the HP25).

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-25 vs. SR-56 - HHC 2016 Follow-up - SlideRule - 10-10-2016 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)