capabilities of HP prime solver
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: capabilities of HP prime solver
(09-19-2016 01:01 PM)bhennink Wrote:  Hi Pieter tried that in the emulator on my PC at work and that seems to work. That is very niceSmile

One strange observation, Am I correct that a variable in the equation is only 1char and optional en number like R1, C1 etc?? Or is that some setting that I could change?

I am used to var names like RSNS,RSTU,COSC,RPAR,CDEC etc.

These var names ar like used in datasheets of components and make it easy to recognize

Yes you can use them.

On Prime however (except in the CAS view), variables need to be defined/declared as variables FIRST before you use them. All the variables you are naming are actually predefined already in one application or as a global system variables. This is why it will otherwise interpret RSNS as R*S*N*S using implied multiplication and the A-Z real variables.

Press SHIFT-1 for Program, and declare your variables in the top source item named "Solve (App)" typing:

EXPORT RSNS,RSTU,COSC,RPAR,CDEC; //these are my variables

Note how you can even have a comment. You may also assign an initial value like such.

EXPORT RSNS:=123,RSTU,COSC,RPAR,CDEC; //these are my variables

Now you can access and use them like you'd like. The values will be associated with the application and not a global variable in some other spot. Note that the predefined variables are not going to let you overwrite them.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
capabilities of HP prime solver - bhennink - 09-17-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: capabilities of HP prime solver - DrD - 09-17-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: capabilities of HP prime solver - Tim Wessman - 09-19-2016 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)