Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97
03-23-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97
(03-22-2017 11:10 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(03-22-2017 10:13 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Users of RPN-67 and 97 simulators may download the program and data card here. (Scroll down to the Math section.)

I see that you included both sets of coefficients discussed earlier in this thread. Please note that also two other values that have to be changed! Switching to the optimized coefficient set also has to change the constants 5 and 1,38 that are hardcoded in the program, cf. line 27 resp. 33ff. Please read my comments on the three (!) required changes in post #5 of this thread.

Sorry about overlooking those two bullet points. Late-night work...

Quote:I'd suggest you *only* use the modified coefficient set *and* change the mentioned two constants in the program to their modified values 4,679 resp. 1,422. This will require 226 program steps, so two steps have to be saved. This can be accomplished without significant disadvantages by rounding the constants to 4,68 and 1,42.

That's exactly what I did. Ready for download now.
Of course, giving up vintage mode compatibility would allow adding bells and whistles, like full-precision constants and easy switching between the two models. Using RCL register arithmetic, single-line floating-point constants, INCR instead of "1 +" etc. would also make the program much shorter. And no data card required.
Left as an exercise to the RPN-67 user... ;-)

Willy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97 - Willy R. Kunz - 03-23-2017 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)