New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
06-28-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android
(06-28-2016 02:58 PM)vanLudwig Wrote:  Acron RPN takes more care than most calculators in distinguishing between floating point and "perfect" mathematical answers. Floating point answers are always displayed with a decimal, even if it is just "11."; perfect answers never have a decimal. Acron RPN will only allow you to do a factorial on a perfect integer. You can use round, int, or iPart to turn a floating point back into a integer. The PC version will beep to tell you that you are trying to perform an operation on an incompatible type, but I thought that was annoying on a phone. I guess I should probably find some other way to notify you.
If you don't want to allow factorials of non-integers, you could return NaN as you do with square roots of negative numbers.

Quote:When you say exponent, do you mean y^x, or EE? If you mean y^x, I would think this calculator would be better than most, because once you've displayed the y^x menu, all five power and root functions are available in a single press. Most calculators you would need to use a 2nd button to access some of those functions. If you use EE a lot, I could see how switching between the y^x and PI menus might use more button presses than using a 2nd button. I've been considering allowing more than one concurrent toolbar. I think that would probably solve your problem.
It's EE that I find myself using all the time, probably more often than (-). Allowing two concurrent toolbars would solve this. With this one exception I do appreciate the efficiency of the menu system on this calculator. You might also consider allowing a long-press on the decimal point, or two consecutive decimal points, to enter EE. - e.g., pressing 6.02..23 to enter 6.02*10^{23}.

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Acron RPN Calculator for Android - Nigel (UK) - 06-28-2016 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)