Infotek Compiler for HP 9000 Series 200/300
06-27-2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Infotek Compiler for HP 9000 Series 200/300
Sorry Martin, I haven't got a copy of the version 5 CSUBs.

If you use the the assembler I got ( made by DTACK) you won't need the PASCAL environment.

You could call it an inline assembler, it works the same way the infotek compiler does:
You load a binary "ASM", then you have available the keyword "ASM" in your BASIC editor.
You then can include your assembler code, even refer to BASIC variables and labels.
Very easy and useful in my eyes, since this is the main application scenario for assembler code: speed up an inner loop. Who should want to code the entire program in assembler?

I got two versions of the assembler binaries, for use with BASIC 5 ( 5.0, 5.1, 5.11) and 6 ( 6.0, 6.1, 6.2), along with a short list of useful entry points ( which are BASIC version-specific).
And I have the manual of version 6 ( don't know about the enhancements from version 5, probably there is not much difference, besides the compatibility to the newer BASIC version).
Assembler version 5 supports up to 68030, I didn't check yet whether version 6 even supports 68040.

Unfortunately there is an incompatibility between the assembler and the Infotek compiler:
They obviously use the same binary ID, so there is a collision.
I wonder whether it is possible to change the binary ID without any negative side effects, like one could simply change the ROM ID of a HP 41 module.
I have no detailed information about the file structure, nor do I have a hex editor for HP 200/300.
Can anyone help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Infotek Compiler for HP 9000 Series 200/300 - Michael Fehlhammer - 06-27-2016 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)