Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
04-18-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
A couple of additional notes.

I found out another benefit of emacs+sdiag over Hlp49: SDiag includes documentation and stack diagrams for SysRPL as well as UserRPL. If you ever find yourself trying to work your way through some SysRPL code (as I was doing today!), then you will be very grateful to have one click lookup of commands.

I figured out how to step through SysRPL programs (including programs embedded in libraries). I was stuck on this for a while but it's really not that hard. Just enclose the command name you want to use in double angle brackets like so << UsrDiag >>, and the use either the built in DBUG debugger or the Jazz debugger SDB. SDB apparently supports a lot more code than DBUG, as DBUG can't debug programs which alter the "runstream" apparently. SDB is pretty good, but in my anecdotal experience couldn't go all the way through UsrDiag without crashing.

I still can't figure out how to call up the jazz assembly debugger "DB". You have to put a rompointer to the function you want on the stack it seems, and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Han - 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Currell Berry - 04-18-2016 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)