Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
04-15-2016, 12:32 AM
Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum under my name. I made a couple of posts circa 2009 under the username "hpnewbie", but I lost access to the email for that account and perhaps I am not such a newbie any more anyway. I've lurked some on this forum for years though -- I think I will stay around now.

I'm posting to ask if anyone here uses emacs by Carsten Dominik and Peter Geelhoed on their 50g/49g+. I found out about this tool a couple of weeks ago, and think it, together with its helper libraries like SDiag, Nosy, and OT49, is a wonderful tool for editing programs on the calculator and getting a superior catalog experience.

There is one problem I am encountering with this tool, and I was wondering if anyone else could confirm it and perhaps if anyone could point me in the right direction to start debugging it (I have not done much SysRPL).

The "SDiag" (Stack Diagram) lookup tool hangs indefinitely on a number of commands, and the only way to get the calculator out of the hang seems to be to take a battery out. Commands which cause this behavior include ASSUME, ATICK, and SCATTER. Not all "not found" commands cause a hang, just some.

If anyone here uses Emacs and/or SDiag, would you mind trying one of these commands to see what happens for you?

Secondly, assuming that this is a bug and not just a misconfiguration on my part, could anyone point me in the right direction for debugging/fixing SysRPL programs like SDiag?

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Currell Berry - 04-15-2016 12:32 AM
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Han - 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)