Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
12-11-2018, 06:53 AM
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users?
(04-18-2016 10:46 PM)Currell Berry Wrote:  I patched SDiag to prevent the calculator from locking up on certain "Not Found" commands (it does not lock up when looking up commands anymore).

Attached is a modified version of the "emacs 2.11a" distribution containing emacs, extable2, and SDiag, along with documentation and sources. The only change to the code is that I inserted one "xKILL" in the diag routine after the "Not Found" window pops up, in order to ensure that UsrDiag and SysDiag exit cleanly.

This patch has the side effect of disabling part of the LDOC feature (which was new in 2.10). The unpatched SDiag library will attempt, after failing to find a command's documentation in the usual places, to look into the "L" subdirectory of the SDiag data directory to match up library documentation to the command. This patched version no longer does that.

As a work-around, you can note, when you pull up a command in the emacs autocomplete prompt, whether or not the command comes from an external library (emacs shows the library number next to the command if that is the case). Then you can either look up that library's documentation manually or using the EDB tool (which still integrates with the library documentation in the "L" directory).

(Note, the file (at 886 kb) is too big to upload directly to the forum, so I am posting a link instead).

http://cvberry.com/downloads/emacs_b2.11.tar.gz

Hi Currell
The link is down. Any chance you could make it available?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Han - 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Any HP 50g emacs/SDiag users? - Stevetuc - 12-11-2018 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)