[WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
02-03-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
(02-03-2014 12:47 AM)Jonathan Cameron Wrote:  Bit,

If you keep the survey units on your build, I suggest changing the menu representation and order of the various survey items to put the 'srv' second, eg:

ft.srv->m

instead of 'srv.ft->m'. And change the menu order so that it appears near 'feet->m'. That way users are at least aware that there are two types of feet in play.

-Jonathan

That would probably make sense. A counterargument might be that anyone who doesn't already know about survey units would almost certainly not need them, but I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm not sure what you meant by changing the menu order. An item named 'ft.srv' would be relatively close to 'feet' by virtue of both starting with the same letter, but 'floz' conversions would sit between them. It'd be possible to make the conversion catalog ordered almost but not quite alphabetically (e.g. by changing compare_cat() or unpack() in compile_cats.c) but that'd either break quick navigation (when you directly jump to an entry by typing letters) or extra code would need to be added (in process_catalogue() in keys.c) which would increase firmware size. I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Is this what you had in mind?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions - Bit - 02-03-2014 02:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)