Best calculator for the working engineer
02-25-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer
(02-25-2016 11:06 AM)damaltor Wrote:  Alternatively, get a 50g. BIG thing, tons of functions, keyboard not that bad. No need to talk about that more, because of the earlier posts.
You also might think about a HP 48G.

I'd go for a 50g because:
  1. Infinite stack: Perhaps it's just me, but I don't like to waste time copying results on paper, so I leave them on the stack for later reference. Or hit Enter 5 times to make many copies for later use.
  2. List processing: To do the same calculation on several alternative inputs, just put them on a list and do your thing only once. Big time saver for engineers.
  3. Full keyboard customization: Who cares if you don't like the keyboard layout. Put what you use most wherever you prefer and done.
  4. SD Card: Once you get your simple programs running properly, they are easy to backup without a PC. Same for your precious results.

1, 2 and 3 also apply to a 48, so it's also a good choice.
Disclaimer: I am a working engineer, used a 48 while at school and first few years at work, moved on to the 50g 10 years ago and never needed anything else. I also have a 32S for backup, but don't use it much because the different Enter behavior (I make too many mistakes because of unintended DUP).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer - Claudio L. - 02-25-2016 06:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)