Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library?
01-12-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library?
(01-12-2016 08:11 AM)Harald Wrote:  there is no way to directly write to the library because of the data being mixed with HP microcode? In that case I can transfer the first 10 programs, copy them to the library manually and then copy 10 more.

Some internals:

Yes you are right, but principally there would be a way even to write to the program library, however it is error prone, so I decided not to implement it. if you accidentally transfer a library program for the wrong calculator (i.e. HP-25 program to an HP67 ACT), then part of the microcode would be overwritten with wrong microcode and the ACT will not work any more, you have to reflash the complete ACT.

For HP-25 only the first 20 library programs are stored mixed with microcode, therefore higher number library programs can be transferred. For HP-67 however all 10 library programs are stored together with microcode.

Better to copy the programs manually. Normally you will not change the library every day.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library? - PANAMATIK - 01-12-2016 05:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)