New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM)
01-05-2016, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 02:43 PM by toml_12953.)
RE: New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM)
(01-05-2016 03:45 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Adding GOTO to PPL would be "hard" even for HP, so I (unfortunately) would not hold my breath waiting for a 3rd party hack to do it.

PPL programs are not a linear sequence of unrelated instruction, but a non-linear tree of instructions sequences. This makes it hard to do a GOTO as each sub-sequence has temporary data associated to it and doing a GOTO would force the GOTO instruction to be able to detect if the destination is in the tree, and then properly destroy and initialize the right sub-sequence temporary data (including local variables creation).

Cyrille

True but if the entire firmware could be replaced with an HPPL (extended?) interpreter, it wouldn't have to follow the same implementation logic as the stock version.
Hmmm. A thought. HPPL is fast enough that I could write my own BASIC interpreter using it and still have plenty of horsepower left to run serious programs. Well, it's off to my coding zone!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM) - toml_12953 - 01-05-2016 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)