New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM)
12-28-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM)
(12-28-2015 08:45 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  What, no technical replies about this new third-party firmware on this board ?! Wink

Here we are, year-and-a-half later, and most technical comments posted in your original thread:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1789.html

are still valid today, so there's not much more to add.

Back then we were discussing ways to dump hardware registers. GDB stub will surely help there, but not much more has happened in all that time. Either there's no interest, or there's not enough qualified people. Most young people nowadays would rather code Javascript than anything low-level, and much rather download a ready-made app than trying to code their own (even if it's for fun). I mention young people because they are the demographic with the most spare time.
I'm from a generation before, and like many other people in this forum, we are capable of doing what you want to see done, but we have other things in life going on.
I've been working on the newRPL project since early 2014, and now it's actually a perfectly usable firmware for the 50g, although it's barely more than a basic scientific calculator in its current state. With the 50g hardware being discontinued (or about to be), I'm interested in seeing newRPL ported to the HP Prime as well.
However, my spare time is very limited, and I'm afraid if I get into developing for the Prime it will set back the newRPL project by months or years.
There's a desperate need for more manpower in all these hobby projects, and not much we can do about that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New third party firmware (Not HP'PRIME TEAM) - Claudio L. - 12-28-2015 04:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)