Printing HP 32SII Owner's Manual - color covers?
12-09-2015, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 03:54 AM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
RE: Printing HP 32SII Owner's Manual - color covers?
I have always been amazed at how different companies handle the publication of their manuals. A few years ago, I was planning to purchase a new digital SLR camera. It came down to a Nikon or a Canon. I went to each site to download the manual so I could compare their features and make a final decision.

When making a major purchase, I will usually download and print out the manuals and then study them at my leisure before actually buying.

Nikon required a serial number of the camera that you had purchased before they would let you download a PDF that could be printed. Otherwise, you were limited to a nonprintable PDF file. They would only give you a printable PDF after you have purchased the camera.

Canon would allow you to print the manual out but "DRAFT" appeared diagonally across each page. This made the study of their manual more difficult.

I always wondered why they made it so difficult - did they think someone was ripping off their manuals. It made no sense to me.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 42S manual - striegel - 12-08-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: 42S Owner's Manual - striegel - 12-08-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Printing HP 32SII Owner's Manual - color covers? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 12-09-2015 03:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)