Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
11-22-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: Flawed prime factorization program and unexpected 15C simulator behaviour
(11-21-2015 03:14 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  As a "Linux" user, I often forget that many of the everyday tools that we take for granted are not available in native windows. There is a great tool that you can load into windows that will give you all of he linux features called "Cygwin". Also there is a tool in subversion 1.7 called svnpatch that will do the job.

Wow, I had no idea Cygwin was still maintained, available, etc. It's been many years since I used it (Windows just needs some stuff like ls...) and good to know it's still available.

I agree the conditions that cause the problem are obscure enough that one could easily get by without the patch, I was just interested in taking a peek at the sources, but it now sounds like that's taking a much larger bite than I planned.

If you (or anyone else) makes a windows .exe with the patches, it would be nice to share it, since the update sounds like it's a long way off.

The more I explore this simulator, the more impressed I am; thanks again Barry for the comments that encouraged me to look closer.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)