[Prime] Is it possible to install larger display fonts?
09-27-2015, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 05:56 PM by matthiaspaul.)
RE: [Prime] Is it possible to install larger display fonts?
(09-27-2015 04:44 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I've given this a try doing several different way with old and new and have been unable to see it happen on my end. Anyone else?
Okay, let's see. This is one possible sequence to cause the crash here (using mouse and keyboard):

- Menu>Calculator>Reset emulator to get default settings
- Shift+0/Notes keys to invoke notes editor
- Soft menu "New" followed by 1 Enter Enter keys to create new file
- Cursor is in upper left corner, no text, soft menu displays "solid mid-point" and "Insert"
- Soft menu "Format">"Foreground Color" will open a colorful checkerboard, no crash
- Pressing soft menu "Style" will open a sub-menu with six entries, none of them selected
- Pressing soft menu "Format">"Foreground Color" or "Format">"Background Color" again will cause the crash to occur.

Another observation:

Sometimes, pressing "Format">"Foreground Color" or "Format">"Background Color" will not bring up the color menu, but a 4x5 array with text "Right", "Center" or "Left". Closing the sub-menu, temporarily opening "Font Size" and reopening the ""Foreground Color" or "Background Color" sub-menu again will now display the color menu. Apparently, this happens (more often?) when the "Format>"Align" sub-menu was opened before "Format">"Foreground Color" or "Format">"Background Color", but the displayed text does not always appear to be the same as indicated as selected in the "Align" menu (f.e. it will display "Right" even if Align indicates "Left").

Looks like something not properly initialized to me, this would also explain that it is apparently not visible everywhere (I can reproduce this here with "reliability").

Hope it helps,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Prime] Is it possible to install larger display fonts? - matthiaspaul - 09-27-2015 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)