50G resets after attempting Erase/Draw function with F'
08-04-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: 50G resets after attempting Erase/Draw function with F'
Since I have 2 50gs (actually 3, but one is still unopened) I decided to use one for an experiment.

I completely deleted EVERYTHING from the calculator (from all ports). I put 4950_215.bin on an SD card and ran the upgrade.

After the upgrade, the only thing I changed was Alg -> RPN.

I ran the scenario mentioned in this thread ... all was well. I then set Flag 55 and ran the scenario again. I got the original error.

I don't understand it either but I am still pretty new to this calculator. I have a 49 and 49G+ but haven't used them for a long time. I just bought the 50gs a few weeks ago and am re-familiarizing myself with the functionality which is very similar to my 49g+.

Part of the problem, I'm sure, is that I'm still experimenting and learning this thing. I've been going through some excellent youtube videos and the HP manuals.

I did an experiment with the clean install:

1) With Flag 55 off (unchecked), I run the scenario as described. All is well. After I cancel, I go to LS hold/F4 (2D/3D). What I see in Eq is ...
{ 1/4 x 3X^2 -2X Y1{X} }

2) With Flag 55 on (checked), I run the same scenario and get the reset. I can not return to (LS hold / Y=) without getting the error.
When I go to LS hold/F4 (2D/3D). What I see in Eq is ...
{ 'Y1{X}' External }

I'm pretty lost at this point.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50G resets after attempting Erase/Draw function with F' - Skyblues - 08-04-2015 04:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)