WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications!
03-09-2017, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 08:43 PM by Han.)
RE: WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications!
(03-09-2017 06:13 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  Thanks Tim.

I wasn't updating anything. I had actually only just started writing the app, only about a dozen lines of code at that point, using the Conn Kit to talk to the HP Prime Emulator running the latest and greatest 11226.

After saving the work I noticed that the app's icon had switched from the one I added to it, but not to the generic Spreadsheet icon. It had become the Function app icon and going into Symbolic view (of the app I'd just created, which was based on the Spreadsheet app!) showed the usual F1(X), F2(X) etc. list. I would expect to see a white exclamation mark on a yellow circle given that the Spreadsheet app doesn't actually have a symbolic view!

Did you make any calls to the STARTVIEW command? You may have unknowingly switched to the function app. If all you did was simply edit a copy of the spreadsheet app, and saved your app, then (on the calculator side), the only thing that will happen is that it (the emulator, assuming it was synced with the conn. kit) will exit into the Home view but remain in whatever app you were using during the instant you pressed the save button in the conn. kit.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications! - Han - 03-09-2017 08:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)