WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications!
07-15-2015, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 01:55 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
RE: WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications!
Ok so I tried recompiling the app code from the program menu on the emulator and it still won't run. However, I noticed that the following screen appears for about 0.1 seconds before the spreadsheet appears:

[Image: mineprime2.png]

I had to use a video capture software in order to extract the frame, else it disappeared too fast.

Also, I forgot to mention that earlier, the first three times I tried to delete then resend the app to my calc, my calc froze.

After further tests, I managed to run it on-calc! (somewhat)! O.O However, at first, it wouldn't get past the loading screen (the spreadsheet would appear afterward) >.<

On the emulator, it still displays the title screen or parts of it for a split second before quitting to the spreadsheet. The farthest it reached was this screen:

[Image: mineprime2s.png]

And after another ON+Symb, the game now runs on-calc! I can't count how many tries it took me.

From symptoms seen in MViewer GX (crashes when sending many 2 MB files) I am thinking that the calculator RAM gets lower and lower after every APP transfer and MinePrime probably runs out of RAM. In fact, I ran the game again now then moved east for one minute and it eventually exited to the spreadsheet.

This is the new version of the game by alexgt, by the way: http://codewalr.us/index.php?action=dlat...attach=427

HP should make the firmware clear any RAM usage after file transfers and everytime we exit a program back to the home screen or program menu. With mViewer GX, we basically have to press ON+Symb after every file transfer and that's when the actual transfer won't freeze the calc.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WARNING: Do NOT convert your HP Prime programs into applications! - Kevin Ouellet - 07-15-2015 01:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)