Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
07-14-2015, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2015 08:05 AM by jebem.)
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
(07-13-2015 10:58 PM)vk6ti Wrote:  Hi jebem,
Nice breakdown, your next mission is to acquire an old tube (valve) receiver
(boat anchor), and start pulling that apart. Make sure you have a solid bench
for it to sit it on.?
Ray

Hi, Ray!
Guess what, valve equipment (or tubes, depending on the culture) is another of my hobbies along with transistor radios and calculators.

Back in the day, when working at Conrad Maputo (Lourenço Marques), I use to repair an maintain military and marine professional equipments like VHF and HF transmitters and navigation systems (Radar, Sonar, etc.) from different brands like DECCA, REDIFON, FURUNO, RACAL, STORNO, RCA, etc..

Many of these systems still used tube devices, specially on marine transmitters, and some used hardwired assemblage, like some REDIFON's !

Some photos from those early days of my professional life.
I'm the second from the right.
And my ID card at the time (two years after Mozambique independence, we still used the old colonial ID cards....).

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening? - jebem - 07-14-2015 08:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)